Guess who starts a SLAM tomorrow?

Water has been clear since day 2, it’s just those stubborn spots. Someday I‘ll have a storm free period o& time when I can tackle them!

Conked out last night and didn’t test. Braved the rain (STILL) this morning at 8, was at 7 FC. Added 38 ounces.

We, (pup & I) were wondering about your progress and I hope to we never need to need SLAM!
From past experience with SWG's , I hope it's working OK and not a culprit in algae.

Attachments

• Maze at Pool.png
    Maze at Pool.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 12
It’s going fine, the photo you see here in the thread is as green as it got. Water is clear, a few stubborn small dark spots on bottom I haven’t been able to tackle due to weather and not feeling well. Should be able to get rid of those in next day or so.

Algae growth was due to a power blip and me not noticing. SWG works great, when there is power! LOL

Definitely keep your chemistry in line and you won’t have problems, but don’t hesitate to SLAM if needed. It’s a straightforward process, not hard to do, and it works!

Crazy day today, barely a moment to spare! Just checked for first time since this am, down to 8, added 31 ounces. Definite improvement with the dark spots, and I haven‘t even been able to brush in past day or so.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Ugh, nothing but rain. Another crazy busy day... was down to 9.5 this morning, bumped up, and it has been diluted with a ton of rain since then!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My CYA is probably -10, due to all the overflowing. Combining all the rain with two crazy workdays, I didn’t focus much on SLAM. Water looks great, raised FC back up this am, and heading out in a bit to brush and change skimmer net.

Checked around 3, at 9.5, added 19 ounces. Changed skimmer net, cleaned out auto cleaner, used my new stiff bristle nylon brush to tackle the remaining dark spots (most are gone), and backwashed filter. Probably could have waited to bw but I needed to drain some anyway. Didn’t bother to put the hose away because we’ve got more rain coming.

Water is low 80s, WAY too cold for me! So I did all this hanging over the edge. LOL

Guess who sees the sun ☀️ today, after a whole week of gloom! Yay!

Now I’m trying to talk myself into getting in, just long enough to scrub stairs. The water temp is 83 degrees. Brrrrrrr!

Will keep SLAM going today because I haven’t had a chance to clean stairs and I know there is hidden algae there. But in the meantime, a water pic. Ignore the bugs floating on top! Pump is running so water isn’t still, but you can see that it is clear!

3BF29E6D-073D-42D9-B6BF-6D4BE2ACF5B4.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.