GrandizerGo

Jun 21, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Here we go! It's going to be a beautiful weekend so time to start working on the pool. I uncovered it yesterday evening and it wasn't so bad. Topping up the water now so I can get the pump going. Only problem so far is that the chlorine I ordered locally is last years stock. We are still in lockdown so I can't inspect the dates until the stores reopen. So far I've trickled in some chlorine and ran the robot until I can get the pump going and test/set my levels.

Attachments

• 20210514_132123.jpg
    20210514_132123.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: RonsPlc
What is your pool water temperature?

Once it gets to 60F add the liquid chlorine you have and see what PPM FC rise you get.

I'm at 54F currently. Last year was my first year maintaining the pool and I kept CYA around 30. I manually dose liquid chlorine twice a day so it wasn't an issue last year following TFP standards. I've added enough CYA to increase by 20 ppm. With last seasons dilution of a partial drain over winter I'm guessing I'm at 10 ppm CYA but will test tomorrow once this new addition dissolves. This year I want to play with the pool totey and stabilize PH. I was adding MA every day or two...not a lot since I have a small pool but I hate adding MA.

To anyone following, when I had PB close the pool I had them do all the equipment stuff and I would manage the chemicals. I didn't add any algecide and didnt run into algae so it is possible to winterize without dumping a bunch of chemicals in. This is the first year I've opened the equipment myself. So far so good. Next is a battery of tests in the morning to get PH, TA, and CH in line. My wife has colleagues at work who don't go through all the trouble I got through with prep/testing/maintaining....I'm wondering if they are content to just replace their liners every few years. I have a FG shell so that isn't an option. O have run one season using TFP methods and no issues thus far. This year I will try to understand my pool better so I can micromanage less. Automating chlorine and MA additions would be great but maybe next year 😃 I have a SWG that I'm afraid to use. It is plumbed right after the pump which I understand is not ideal plus it gives a other variable when it comes to balancing. I still don't understand how people with high salt can balance their pools in prep for below freezing temps. Still learning but going strong. Thanks TFP!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.