Grout “eroding” in spillway

May 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Hi All! So the grout holding the blue stone tile that is my spillway appears to be slowly eroding. Our pool is about 5 years old. First question, is this normal for being a fairly newer pool?
Second, what is the best way to fix this? Re-grout, epoxy, caulk? If I re-grout, the spillway will need to be turned off for 30 days correct? Thanks all!A108323B-C682-491E-A637-7B94C4F739D2.jpeg

Hi All! So the grout holding the blue stone tile that is my spillway appears to be slowly eroding. Our pool is about 5 years old. First question, is this normal for being a fairly newer pool?

Yes, water erodes stone and grout. It is the way the Grand Canyon was created.

Second, what is the best way to fix this? Re-grout, epoxy, caulk? If I re-grout, the spillway will need to be turned off for 30 days correct? Thanks all!

Regrout preferably with epoxy grout which is stronger but more difficult to work with.

You can use grout that hardens in 24 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.