Grounding wire has been cut, need to fix it.

May 31, 2014
Wentzville, MO
I know this was talked about years ago but I wanted to bring it up again and the only thing that was mentioned was article 680 of the NEC. I read through it, looked at some diagrams and understand what it does. My particular issue is that my wire has been severed during concrete removal (seems common). But it continues on under the rest of the patio. I assume there is no way to replace the entire line. I noticed that the wire branches off via a metal clamp hooking two sections together. So I was curious if I could add a section of (proper) wire between my broken areas and clamp them together the same way? The annoying part was a portion of the wire was in the middle of the concrete, otherwise it would've been OK.

Thanks

Al,

The reason they come 2 per pack is if you need to add a piece of copper to splice the line, so you have one for connecting the spliced piece to both ends. If you do need to do this, make sure that all ends are a shiny copper. And very important, make sure spliced piece is the same gauge as the line you are fixing, and that no stress will be placed on the sliced area. Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.