Philadelphia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi, new member here. My pool install is getting underway and I have some ground water questions. When they dug the pool some ground water was encountered in the deep end( 8’ deep pool). It would settle at about 10” or so of water. We kept it pumped out so that it would lead to any wall erosion before the shell was shot.

The shell (gunite) has now been shot and as we are waiting for curing the ground water (~10”) has come back through the open holes in the bottom of the shell. I’ll talk with the pool builder, but is this a concern?

Attachments

• IMG_7215_Original.jpeg
    IMG_7215_Original.jpeg
    733 KB · Views: 23
Mine was similar, but I had more depth of water intrusion than you. I kept it pumped, as you, to no lose walls. Shotcrete, with 2 weep holes, continued to get water. Pebble finish was done months later, shell was pumped at the start, weep holes sealed with hydraulic cement, then pebble applied. To date, about a year, no issues.

Reactions: PSUmech
Thanks for all the feedback. Seems like it might not be a problem. I believe the pool builder is installing relief valves in the bottom as well in cases of abnormal pressure build later.

Reactions: Casey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.