grit on the sides of vinyl liner

dobber

LifeTime Supporter
Pool is 10 years old and I cannot recall having an invisible fine grit like substance on the walls of my pool this spring upon opening. I got in it yesterday with a cleaning mitt and wiped the walls, steps, seats clean. Brushing it wouldn't take it off, but cleaning mitt and "elbow grease" did. I did use a little DE in my sand filter to help clear the water, could it somehow have gotten in the pool?

Anyone else encounter this and anyone know what it is?

As of yesterday:

FC = 7
CC = 0
TA = 80
PH = 6.8/7.0 (SWG & sump pump aerating)
CYA = 50 and slowly climbing (stabilizer in socks in skimmers)

Pool is 10 years old and I cannot recall having an invisible fine grit like substance on the walls of my pool this spring upon opening. I got in it yesterday with a cleaning mitt and wiped the walls, steps, seats clean. Brushing it wouldn't take it off, but cleaning mitt and "elbow grease" did. I did use a little DE in my sand filter to help clear the water, could it somehow have gotten in the pool?

Anyone else encounter this and anyone know what it is?

As of yesterday:

FC = 7
CC = 0
TA = 80
PH = 6.8/7.0 (SWG & sump pump aerating)
CYA = 50 and slowly climbing (stabilizer in socks in skimmers)
I know that CH is not needed in a vinyl pool, but could you post a CH level as well?

Just got done testing:
FC = 5 CC = 0
PH = 6.8 still aerating CYA = should be approaching 60, still dissolving stabilizer
TA = 80 CH = 80

Water is crystal clear, I just hadn't encountered any granular film on the sides before this spring. I mainly added muriatic acid to get TA down, not so much because the PH was high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.