Greetings from Purgatory

stega

Gold Supporter
Jan 1, 2020
San Jose , ca
I'm on occasional visitor to the site as between it, the mobile app and swanky Lamotte test kit, we've managed to take control of our chemical needs, and thus can avoid the up-sells at the local Leslie's.

Our pool is about 42'x20' / 37000 gallons. When we moved in five years ago everything needed work. We've since replaced the old solar strips with Sun Coils; replaced the old and very unsafe lights with LEDs; had the electric panel wired properly with real breakers; pulled out the old diving board; installed new cover from Pool Covers Inc.; and resurfaced along with new tile, coping and mastic -- cannot say enough good things about our pool builder who handled that job. Most recently we added in the Pentair wireless interface so we don't have to deal with the stock interface.

We also have a MAAX hot tub.

IMG_1059-1200x900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful setup! Great year to have a pool and even better year to have a trouble free one!

Reactions: stega
thanks all! also I asked the site admins to assist and now my username is no longer the abbreviation for our crazy ranch but my usual avatar/nick. Long story short: account was created by my partner but then I took over just about all the pool's needs. Except skimming: he's a tall bloke and can reach stuff at the bottom that if I tried to get to I'd probably end up in the water.

Very nice.. yeah I used to live in SJ... I know what part of purgatory that is.. there is a little bit of heaven over those hills, and he|| is just down the street!

It's gotten better down there...gentrification is altering many things.

Quite a view you have... Just like mine, except I'm not on the top of a mountain and all I can see is the side of my neighbor's house.. ☹

Very nice.. Got any more pics??

Pics...how about long lengthy sagas about what it takes to rehab a 14 acre property that suffered serious over-grazing with a custom MCM house that had 20+ years of deferred maintenance smack in the middle of it? ;)

Seriously though we have website where we blog about the craziness. We don't make money off it: it's self-hosted/no adverts. We (well mainly I) just do it to stay sane and document the craziness that is Purgatory. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to it though.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Extraneous links that are not in direct response to a pool question are not allowed. We would have 10 thousand links published by 10:00 AM tomorrow if we gave the thumbs up on that. PM all the links you would like.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.