kbuhagiar

Silver Supporter
Jul 29, 2022
Escondido, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hello Folks, thanks for having me!

My wife and I just purchased our forever home here in Escondido, CA and thus fulfilled a lifelong dream of swimming pool ownership.
We are both retired with no kids, but lots of nieces and nephews and other family close by. We currently have a pool service but I hope to take over full-time maintenance in a few months. My background is in IT and telecom but I am an amateur engineer, and I wrench on my hot rods in my spare time. I've always loved working with my mind and my hands so I'm looking forward to diving into (sorry, couldn't resist) this pool resurrection. The previous owner was a well-known cheapskate and just barely kept the pool going, and it was on life support when we moved in, but I am grateful that he left a lot of equipment documentation behind which has given me a head start on this project (I have included our pool specs in my sig). With the help of a local pool maintenance company we have successfully brought it back to life and have already hosted a few family pool parties. But there are a few items that need attention which I hope to deal with in the coming weeks. I look forward to sharing these problem with this online community and you can expect to be hearing from me a lot in the near future. In the meantime, here is our little slice of paradise.
20220729_094138.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Well, I must say that I like what I've seen here so far, so I've taken the plunge (I just can't help myself) and become a Silver Supporter.
Looking forward to sharing my successes (and frustrations) here with the group.

Reactions: mknauss
Oh wow, I lived in Escondido for a little while. (Well, the post office called it Escondido; it was north of Lawrence Welk Village.)

Beautiful country down there, and it looks like you have a great view of it. Congratulations on the new house, and welcome!

Last edited:
Reactions: kbuhagiar