Green Swamp. Thought i read enough to know how to handle. Apparently not!

I think that is much lower than 6.6, it looks mustard yellow on my screen. Not a hint of orange at all. The pH will stabilize when the TA is in a more normal range. You have a readable value for TA so it will be easier to adjust accurately. Raise the TA to 70 and let the pool aerate to bring up the pH. Point the return straight up so you get a lot of churning action. If you could add a fountain that would help with aeration.

Ok, did not mean to leave you all hanging especially after all the advice. I was busy fighting the fight . Here is where i am at

PH=7.2 (was planning on Aerating to bring up)
FC=12
CC=1
TA=110
CYA=30
I have had this water pretty well balanced like the numbers above for 6 days, I have changed the D.E. a billion times, i have used over 27 lbs. I can not get past this blue sky color water. can not see the bottom.
I am assuming it is just the DE filtering such small particles. They filter only runs for about 45 minutes to an hour before it needs changed. My aquabot rover JR. has only come up with a bout a cup full of debris after running several hours.
I cant attach the pic it keeps saying over quota ?? no matter how small i shrink it. Sky blue cant see bottom.
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Hayward S180T92S sand filter and maybe Zeolite or sand. I like the idea of back washing a few times a season. no more taking things apart.
Any advice would be appreciated. Am i simply fighting the filtering capability of the DE? as in 3 to 5 microns?
Flock ?

Thanks for all your help!
John

If the filter is still loading up, there's a lot of stuff getting filtered out.

You may not see the improvement, but consider the CYA view tube. What's the difference in how deep you can see down it between 100 ppm and 80 ppm? Not much. Your pool is a really deep view tube. You might have already removed 3/4 of the particulates.

The 1 CC tells us something is still being oxidized.

Maybe it's time to work on circulation. Leave the vacuum running on the bottom of the pool but on its side so it draws from down deep. Yes, the filter will clog up but if you see some progress it might make it easier to stomach all the cleaning.

FC=5
CC=0
TA-110
PH=7.8
CYA=22 or so. (working on it. Though it was 30 but.. now its lower? ) will work on tomorrow as i am out of Stabilizer
However, the pool is crystal clear.

thanks for everyone's help!
Johnclear pool.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.