Green pool

Pool store testing brings us most of our new members Jay. Following pool store advice with said testing brings us most of our HALP ME members.

It's up to you if you listen to that almost 2 decades worth of collective wisdom by thousands and thousands and thousands before you. (Seriously, that many) :)

Pool store testing brings us most of our new members Jay. Following pool store advice with said testing brings us most of our HALP ME members.

It's up to you if you listen to that almost 2 decades worth of collective wisdom by thousands and thousands and thousands before you. (Seriously, that many) :)
Yeah i get that, its just what i had/have on hand at the moment, im trying to fit everything into budget and have already spent $250 on chemicals the past week trying to fix this green pool :/ well the biggest let down was $65 for Culator & $39 for “no metal” lolll feels like i just shredded up that money

i just shredded up that money
Agreed. We will save you thousands in the long run if we're all on the same page. I was poolstored for well over $1000 a season. Probably $1500. Now I need $44 of reagent refills each season and $200 to $300 to treat a 34k gallon pool.

Here's my street cred, on the cheap.

ezgif-5-80422c1b42.gif

ezgif-4-72a4b5ae5f.gif

Agreed. We will save you thousands in the long run if we're all on the same page. I was poolstored for well over $1000 a season. Probably $1500. Now I need $44 of reagent refills each season and $200 to $300 to treat a 34k gallon pool.

Here's my street cred, on the cheap.

View attachment 571728

View attachment 571730
Jeez my little ole intex pool is a fraction of that size in gallons lol, but i definitely get where you’re coming from, so is the main thing that separates these “cheap test kits” and the ones you guys recommend the ability to test FC with (FAS/DPD)? Because if so amazon has the taylor K 1515 that is just the test tube for FAS/Dpd, and the kit i already have includes everything else for the most part besides combined chlorine

The bulk of the initial test kit is all the add on supplies like the CYA tube, the PH block and the vials. Once you have them, the reagents go on sale each spring for $44 and it's much better.

The bulk of the initial test kit is all the add on supplies like the CYA tube, the PH block and the vials. Once you have them, the reagents go on sale each spring for $44 and it's much better.
well i have Cya tube/ separate tube for TA & CH, and then the one for Ph & FC, i will probably just order me a test kit after this month lol the wife is ready to kill me with all the spending ive done this month.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your HTH kit pH test is only good to a FC of 5 ppm. It is inaccurate if FC is above that.

lc_chart.jpg

Swimming is safe from min to slam. As said above, problematic with a limited FC test. The K1515 is the way to go. :)

Also, always round CYA up to the next 10 if it isn't already.

im trying to fit everything into budget and have already spent $250 on chemicals the past week trying to fix this green pool
A quality test kit is by far the best money you'll spend on your pool, and it costs a fraction of the $250 in chemicals you've spent in the last week alone. It's an investment that will save you a lot of money, time, and effort, and it will deliver superior outcomes.

I agree with getting your own test kit when you feel ready. It does feel expensive but you will save in the long run because you’ll have accurate results and know what your pool really needs. I felt similarly when I started the TFP method but it’s been a good decision.

I agree with getting your own test kit when you feel ready. It does feel expensive but you will save in the long run because you’ll have accurate results and know what your pool really needs. I felt similarly when I started the TFP method but it’s been a good decision.
Yeah getting into this i didnt think a little above ground intex pool would be so much work, wife but off and now im chewing, but mknaus says my ph wont even read accurate if my fc levels are higher than 5 with my kit, so im gonna just go ahead and order a kit and tell her about it after it arrives

Reactions: kul
i didnt think a little above ground intex pool would be so much work
It'll be easy peasy lemon squeezy once we get you over the learning curve. And we ride together at every step, for nothing but feels.

It's a pretty sweet deal, if I do say so myself.

Reactions: itsjayy225

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support