Apr 13, 2017
Metairie, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Moved from here.
So need a slam pool is very green after week away and extremely hot temps. So I added a gallon and 30 min later added anoteher. What is rate at which I should be doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you testing your water?

The SLAM Process isn't just "add a gallon of chlorine every x minutes". It's "test your water, see what your FC and CYA are, then add enough FC to get to a certain target. Retest often and add FC back to target." You don't want to add so much that you damage your pool surface and equipment (and have a bunch of extra FC burn off in the sun), and you don't want to add too little and have the chlorine be ineffective.

Yes get that. Got rid of green test results are
4 30pm yesterday. 8 30 am today
FC 22. 17
DC. 1. 1
Oh. 8. 8
Ta 60. 60
Unfortunately out of chem to test my cya. Didn't realize till in midst of slam.
Will be getting it tomorrow. Meanwhile question
Need opinions on using a chlorine stsbilizer. 95 degrees today and it supposedly helps chlorine last longer in the sun.

It is 95 degrees and very sunny. Just completed a slam and got rid of green. Was recommended by a friend to try Clorox chlorine stabilizer. Should I wait till my water is balanced before adding? Still have high levels due to slam.

Started slam yesterday. This morning green is gone just a bit cloudy.
6/21/22. 4 30 Pm .. 6/22/22 8 30 am. 6/22/22. 12 30 pm
FC. 22. 17. 0
CC. 1. 1. 0
PH 8. 8. 7.4
TA. 60. ,60. 50
CYA. 80
So ran out of chem for cya test. I am really concerned by the loss of chlorine that fast. Could be cya? Getting test chem tomorrow. Just added 1 gallon of chlorine. Should I add chlorine stabilizer or wait for cya results?
Going to vacuum bottom now and clean
filter.

Chlorine stabilizer and CYA are the same thing. If your CYA really is 80, you don't want to raise it any higher. Please post a new test result as soon as you get more reagent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.