eilhoffj

Apr 20, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been following the principles in this forum for a year, and my pool has been crystal clear. However, the company we hired to open our pool dumped the leaves and debris from the winter cover into the crystal clear water. Our beautiful water was full of leaves and other debris. We removed most of the leaves, and we are following the SLAM process. My question is, should we be doing anything else? Our pool looks so dirty. We can see green stringy stuff floating in the water. I couldn’t get a picture to show it clearly. Should we have done a partial drain of the pool? This is the first we have needed to SLAM our pool, and I am a bit discouraged. The water temp is only 42, so I am hoping that will keep things from getting worse.

Welcome to the forum!
I doubt you have much active algae as the material off the cover should not have been algae and your pool water is very cold. So get as much solid debris out as possible. The SLAM may go a bit slowly with the cold water.
I suggest you read through Pool School - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Thank you. Pool is almost clean! Water is clear, but there is still small debris on floor of pool that we are continuously cleaning out. We have cleaned the filter a few times. I am so relieved! I think the water should look clearer and more blue than it does, so we will keep chlorine level high for another day or so, but I can’t believe how quickly it has cleared up. It’s really hard to get a pic that shoes the slight green hue rather than blue. image.jpg

Reactions: kne and mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.