Green pool-help!

Jul 10, 2014
Norristown, PA
Hi all,

This year we had a company open our pool for us and start up. After running pool filter continuously for 2 days, our pool is still green. We are running our vacuum continuously. Our pool results using tft 100 test kit are:

Ph:8.2
Alkalinity: 100
FC: .5
CC: .5
Calcium: 525
Cya:70

How can I get my pool blue again? I know I need to lower PH with acid but how much to slam pool after that?

Thanks!!

Yep, definitely SLAM Process. For the dosage amounts, it's always best to use the PoolMath. Enter the NOW and GOAL numbers and let it do the work for you. Yes, lower the pH to about 7.2 first, perhaps in stages to not go too low. Then with a CYA of 70, your SLAM FC level is 28. Just use regular bleach. No splashless, scented, or polymer type products. Good luck!

Okay so, turned out I had copper in my pool. I now got rid of it. I added 8 gallons of 12% liquid chlorine to the pool, and the chlorine is still reading 0. My pool is a teal green right now. What else could it be? I added enough chlorine according to pool calculator to be at 28 shock level. Any advice on how to get my pool to be blue?

Ph:7.4
Alkalinity: 80
Calcium:600
Fc:0
Cc:0
Cya:80

The only way to remove copper from pool water is to remove the copper tainted water from the pool and replace it with fresh water? Is that what you did? Does your fill water have iron in it?

We added a metal-out and did a partial refill. The copper level was at .3ppm and is now reading 0ppm. Iron is also 0. Never had iron.

Pool is a teal green-measuring no chlorine even 1 hour after added 8 gallons of liquid chlorine at 12%.

I just backwashed and added DE and planning on putting in another 8 gallons of liquid chlorine tonight when the sun goes down.

Any other reason why my pool is teal green with a chlorine reading of 0?

Does the calcium hardness high level have anything to do with it?

- - - Updated - - -

E4DE779D-C7E2-4F2C-ABB1-A08E787C0805.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

F25330F0-280B-4EF8-BA0C-D74BE1EAC140.jpgF25330F0-280B-4EF8-BA0C-D74BE1EAC140.jpg

This is what it looks like now. First picture posted was 3 days ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 25
To clear the pool water of organics you need to SLAM Process. Use the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] for your FC level to maintain based on your CYA.

Maintain is the key word. You must keep your FC level at SLAM until the water passes all three criteria stated in the SLAM article.

CH has nothing to do with it.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.