Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The pool has had algae problems since the beginning of the season. The pool has been neglected due to 2 rounds of covid, an illness then major surgery. Now that I am semi-able to get out there I noticed there are deep green stains in the gunite that won't come off with a brush or a scrub brush. I know I have to slam it, but I physically can't do that right now. I'd hire a pool guy, but this is going to take hourly care, not weekly. There are also black dots all over. My neighbor power washed his pool after emptying it (whoa!) but I don't want to take off any gunite. What are your thoughts on an acid wash or bath? I have all brand new equipment as of last year (the freeze). A few weeks ago I had started the slam,I got my cya down, started testing and brushing, had emergency surgery and all heck broke loose in the pool. I'll take readings in the morning and post them. I'm really worried these ingrained green stains won't come off.

We'll help you get them off, but you are correct, it will take some work. Posting your test results is the first step and then posting a pic of the stains is normally very helpful.

Yes, I do have the TF-100, however, I JUST realized I'm out of R-0013. I had enough to go 1/2 way up to the top of the label after putting the pool water in. I didn't realize that WAS my back up bottle. Any substitutes or ideas? I don't suppose Leslies would carry that..

Meanwhile, I'll take the other readings. Shoot.

Thank you..!
CYA - completely out of R-0013
PH 7.5
FC 1.5
CC 0
TA 80
CH 525

Ordering new reagents today.. My back-up supply of everything is from last summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.