Great Value 7.5% bleach ok to use?

Sandi DC

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Dec 16, 2019
South TX
Hey y'all! Headed into my 1st winter with a pool. It still gets a lot of sun and I'm still adding chlorine manually almost every day. It didn't occur to me that WalMart would quit selling liquid chlorine for the winter. wtheck??? haha! I went to the bleach section and came across Great Value 7.5% 81oz bottles. It says 7.5% hypochlorite, 92.5% other (no phosphates) It is not a low splash or scented bleach. OK to use? It is 81oz for $2.94, if anyone is interested in price comparing.

Thank you!

Sandi

That's fine. Regular/plain, and as you stated, avoid anything that says low splash or scented. Frustrating they are selling smaller bottles for the same (or higher) cost. Interesting, our Walmart's shelves are full of Pool Essentials. I guess each location can vary. Have a good afternoon.

Reactions: Sandi DC
That's fine. Regular/plain, and as you stated, avoid anything that says low splash or scented. Frustrating they are selling smaller bottles for the same (or higher) cost. Interesting, our Walmart's shelves are full of Pool Essentials. I guess each location can vary. Have a good afternoon.
Thanks for the quick reply! Is my memory correct that you are in Cibolo? The 3009 Walmart?? I am occasionally up that way and will make a point to pop in, if that is correct. I wish I could order online for pickup to know it was there but I have never been able to do it that way with the LQ. Wishing you a great afternoon too! We are blessed with another gorgeous day!

I do live near that Cibolo location. Last I looked they had a couple dozen on the shelf. You might also check Home Depot as well. Last but not least, if you simply can't find any good stuff, check your local pool store. They might be a buck or two more, but it's usually fresh and should last for a while.

Reactions: Sandi DC
Hey y'all! Headed into my 1st winter with a pool. It still gets a lot of sun and I'm still adding chlorine manually almost every day. It didn't occur to me that WalMart would quit selling liquid chlorine for the winter. wtheck??? haha! I went to the bleach section and came across Great Value 7.5% 81oz bottles. It says 7.5% hypochlorite, 92.5% other (no phosphates) It is not a low splash or scented bleach. OK to use? It is 81oz for $2.94, if anyone is interested in price comparing.

Thank you!

Sandi
Do you have a Lowes nearby? They carry KemTek liquid chlorine for ~$10 for a 3-pack. Look in the outdoor garden section.
I just bought four of their 3-packs. There was a pallet full of boxes there, so no shortage at all.

@Texas Splash - maybe your Walmart has chlorine because you live "way down south." WAY up here in Boerne, our Walmart is all out and we have Christmas stuff. (Ha ha)

@Sandi DC These are all Home Depots with the HDX Chlorine in stock around SA. It's $12.98/3-pack, 10%.
1607634968249.png

maybe your Walmart has chlorine because you live "way down south." WAY up here in Boerne, our Walmart is all out and we have Christmas stuff. (Ha ha)
They don't have anymore because I grabbed the last few bottles. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.