Granular and Liquid chlorine

Welp.. then it will forever be a mystery why... I love mine... It was the best home improvement investment I've ever made and I put mine in back in 2005. I will tout their use every chance I get. From easier maintenance to better water quality. Consider it. We can help you pick one and DIY the install if you are so inclined.
Where does it install, and how much power is required? My power is practically maxed out.

Where does it install,
It’s the last stop of the line before returning to the pool at the equipment pad.
and how much power is required? My power is practically maxed out
It needs to be wired to either 120v or 240v, but draws peanuts converting it to about 40v DC. My electrican didn’t even write it into the math figuring out how big of a panel I needed. Many people connect it directly to their existing pump breaker(s)

Reactions: Fishy1234
I don't remember if that controller already supports a SWG
If not purchased as a SWCG enabled ET8, then it does not have the internal SWCG power center. But no worries, you just have to buy the cell and power center. Then a RS485 cable is run to the ET8 from the power center and then the ET8 is used to control the SWCG.

So there ya go.. You would build off what you already have and integrate it into your existing power center to control it. Depending on the layout of your pipes it could be as simple as cutting out one section of PVC and gluing in the SWG and flow switch. badda bing badda boom! You have a 22K pool so get a 40K SWG cell at minimum, but I would lean toward a 60K unit in your climes. It's so much fun to spend other peoples money! ;)

Reactions: Fishy1234
How can I possibly cut this and make it fit. Pool builder left no room.

Attachments

• 20210515_154454.jpg
    20210515_154454.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210515_154441.jpg
    20210515_154441.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210515_154431.jpg
    20210515_154431.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 18
You will have to go vertical. The check valve and chlorinator are removed. Put the SWCG in the UP FLOW half of the vertical. Then loop back down to your return valve.

Reactions: mguzzy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.