Got my TF-100 Kit today!

d,
Your CC is a little high and probably due to the debris. All organic compounds will consume FC. First they react to form a combined chlorine then eventually they fully oxidize all the way down to gases that vaporize and your CC will drop; You can raise your FC to 10 for a few days and it should completely oxidize the chlorine consuming compounds. Then drop back down to normal range. The rest looks great! Enjoy your pool and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Keep up the great work, you're well on your way to TFP gorgeous pool bliss!

Chris
Thank you, Chris. Will this be a continual battle with the tree droppings? This is light compared to what will happen in a storm, fall, and spring. Or is it because I was keeping my chlorine too low to begin with? I clean the leaves out several times a day and will start vacuuming daily until I get a solar cover to minimize it. Is it ok to swim with FC at 10? Thanks again!

d,

Hard to say on debris. It depends on how often, how much, how dirty and things like that. You're certainly not the only person that has debris. Probably more do than don't. My pool is certainly in the minority because I'm completely screened in. Your pool seems to be very clear so it looks like you're keeping up. This comes under the "every pool is different" category. Any time your pool is at SLAM level or lower you can swim in it safely. I'd try the 10 ppm level for a few days and see if the cc level goes below 1. Then you can go back down and see if it maintains. What you want to avoid is having the FC so borderline with the potential contaminants that it gets overwhelmed and you have an algae bloom. It can happen very quickly but never happens so long as you stay within TFP guidelines.

I hope this helps. And please keep the questions coming. Theres a lot I don't know about, but we have plenty of experts on everything pool always on alert for even the weirdest pool questions.

Chris

Reactions: dhane3
I was advised to keep FC at 10 for a few days to lower my CC.

Results after using PoolMath—-
7/18
Ph 7.5
FC 10.5
CC .5
No chlorine added this day

7/19
PH 7.5
FC 5.5
CC .5

7/20
PH 7.5
FC 8.5
CC .5

I added chlorine this morning with target of 10 for FC. Since it only registered 10+ one day, do I continue trying to hit that #? Or am I good now since my CC came down?

d,

Watch it closely and if it goes up to 1 again you should SLAM. I probably should have recommended a SLAM initially. Any time your have algae, cc above *** Edit correction "above .5 not above 1*** 1, or your FC drops 0 you should SLAM. If you maintain TFP ranges for your pool chemistry it will be rare that you need a SLAM and when needed, the SLAM will be very quick. But sometimes things happen where you can't stay with TFP chemistry. Life gets in the way and you end up with a green pool. Then the SLAM takes longer but it always works. Regardless of the reason for the SLAM, it must be done with diligent attention to all the requirements including pump running, scrubbing, and maintaining SLAM level FC not just reaching it once.

You're asking great questions and learning a lot. TFP will soon be your ticket to a gorgeous pool and at the cheapest possible cost. Keep it up!

Chris

Last edited:
Thank you, Chris. I just reread the “abc’s of pool chemistry” and I understand now ( I think). I only get morning sun on a portion of my pool so this could also be a factor, along with the daily debris. My skimmer isn’t that great but I’ve ordered a solar cover to use to help cut down on the constant debris maintenance. My pool water looks great and it’s my baby right now so I’m enjoying learning about it. I’m currently not working so I have the time to keep a close eye on it.?. Thanks again to you and all who make this such a great forum!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.