Got my Taylor 2006-C first test

Did my final test for the night, 10:00pm CST and FC is 26. Not going to add anymore tonight and test first thing in the morning, hopefully I won't have to add much more or any for that matter. If I don't drop more than 1 FC I can consider the slam done correct, then get everything else back into range and maintain?

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

Clearing up very nice, going to pull another test in about 30 mins or so.

Did my final test for the night, 10:00pm CST and FC is 26. Not going to add anymore tonight and test first thing in the morning, hopefully I won't have to add much more or any for that matter. If I don't drop more than 1 FC I can consider the slam done correct, then get everything else back into range and maintain?

We advise you continue SLAM until the water is clear.

Having a sand filter, and now that you are getting near the end of the SLAM, you probably want to take a look at adding some Diatomaceous earth (DE) to help clear things up. Take a look at the link in Pool School. Add DE to a Sand Filter
Thanks I'll check into it. Where is DE purchased at?
I did another test this morning FC 20, added 104oz of bleach to bring it back to 24. Here are a couple of pictures, I know I'm not done yet but this is the cleanest my pool had been this year. It's clearer in person than the pictures show, it was cloudy outside today. I'm a believer of TFPM now, and my wallet thanks you too. I wish I know how much shock I would have had to buy to get to this point.
uqutudav.jpg
6a6u6yny.jpg

Thanks I'll check into it. Where is DE purchased at?
I did another test this morning FC 20, added 104oz of bleach to bring it back to 24. Here are a couple of pictures, I know I'm not done yet but this is the cleanest my pool had been this year. It's clearer in person than the pictures show, it was cloudy outside today. I'm a believer of TFPM now, and my wallet thanks you too. I wish I know how much shock I would have had to buy to get to this point.
Sounds like we have a new member of the sparklypoolitis club :goodjob:

You can do a search for 'where to buy DE' in the top right search.

Update, I tested the water this afternoon, it had only lost 4ppm FC, added 104oz 8.25, couldn't check again till Midnight tonight had lost 3ppm added 78oz of bleach and turned the SWG back hoping it will maintain. Will check again in the morning.

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

I know I'm not done yet but this is the cleanest my pool had been this year. It's clearer in person an the pictures show, it was cloudy outside today. I'm a believer of TFPM now, and my wallet thanks you too. I wish I know how much shock I would have had to buy to get to this point.
uqutudav.jpg
6a6u6yny.jpg

This is what we have wanted for you all along, no matter how we said it, it was going to be up to you to implement it and see for yourself. I'm glad you've come around and are a believer and you can cut the cord to the mom & pop shop now. You don't have to worry about how much money you wasted or how much shock would have gotten you where you are today. It would have driven either your CH or CYA through the roof. Liquid chlorine does none of that and the results speak for themselves. You will now save money on your pool from here on out.

Keep SLAM'ing till you pass the OCLT. Once you do that, feed the pool daily and you'll never have to SLAM it again. :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is what we have wanted for you all along, no matter how we said it, it was going to be up to you to implement it and see for yourself. I'm glad you've come around and are a believer and you can cut the cord to the mom & pop shop now. You don't have to worry about how much money you wasted or how much shock would have gotten you where you are today. It would have driven either your CH or CYA through the roof. Liquid chlorine does none of that and the results speak for themselves. You will now save money on your pool from here on out.

Keep SLAM'ing till you pass the OCLT. Once you do that, feed the pool daily and you'll never have to SLAM it again. :cool:
Thanks, I didn't take a picture this morning but it was looking so good I wanted to hop in then. Lost 2.5 on my FC which seems to be standard the last couple of days, so I know I'm getting close. Added 78oz to push it back up to slam. :cool:

Order more through TFtestkits.net. Get anything extra you think you will need to get through the year.

Tested again this morning after the rain we had last night,
FC 20 added 104oz
pH 7.8
TA 200
Added 20oz of acid to lower pH and TA hopefully
CYA 60
pool is crystal clear, but still not passing the over night test, slam process has been on going for a week tomorrow. Any other advice? Here is a shot of the pool.
vabe5ypy.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.