Got a question about closing my pool.......

Jun 6, 2018
Parkersburg, WV
Last year we just put a big tarp over the pool and then tied it down so it couldn't move which worked fine but the only problem I found was that this spring when we went to open it there was alot of water, leaves and etc laying on top of the pool cover and as some of you know who have read my posts earlier this year my boyfriend tried to remove that tarp by himself sending alot of that nasty stuff into our water and it took me forever to figure out how to get the water clean again......of course alot of that was because it was before I found this site and found out that all the stuff that comes from the pool places don't normally work......so anyway to my question. I am trying to prevent that from happening again next year and I was wondering if there is so sort of pole or something that is safe to put in the pool to hold the cover up in the middle preventing anything from getting stuck or being able to lay on the cover for any period of time? I figured any pole would probably do the job as long as it wasn't sharp on either end but thought I would ask here first and see what everyone though. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tamitha (hate the thought of shutting down my pool....wishing it was summer again already....lol)

Tamitha, you can use a "pool pillow" in the pool to keep the cover lifted. Some like them, others think they're useless.

If you get one tie it so that the pillow stays in the middle and doesn't float to one side or the other.

Leslie's Air Pillows Pool Winterizing Air Pillow

Maddie :flower:

*******That's kinda what happened last year. We had a big floaty that we left in there for that reason but didn't think it tie it to keep it in the middle so it didn't work out so well. I was thinking though that the pillow might still leave some room for stuff on the sides that's why I was thinking some kind of pole might be better but not sure there is such a thing to use in a pool.....don't want to rip the bottom or the cover......but figured if there was something like that this would be the place that someone would be able to tell me about it.....thanks for your response and I will probably at least do that if I can't figure something else out.....sure didn't like having all that yucky stuff fall in my pool this year....lol

I use my large leave pool rake to periodically to get the leaves off the cover. It works better when there is some water on the cover. I can have it done in about 10-15 minutes depending on the amount of leaves. In January I really don't have to do it anymore. Just my opinion!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.