Sparkmaster

In The Industry
Aug 2, 2008
Conway SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Living here in SC (Near Myrtle Beach), we get lots of down pours that could last for hours which makes me run outside to turn valve to waste to drain water because the overflow pipe cant handle it and me becoming soaked even with raingear on plus running out at 1, 2 , 3 o'clock in the morning to make sure it doesn't overflow. So my plan is to put a T on the return side after the filter and underground and connect 2 inline irrigation valves. 2 because just incase 1 fails to close after I turn it off which wont cause it to drain the pool. This will work perfect especially if I'm not home. I can remotely turn on the pump and then turn on the valves.. Good idea or bad???

So if you remotely turn in the pump and open the valves to drain your pool and then you lose your house internet connection? Your two valves are not going to save you.

Too many failure modes for me.

Shoooooooooot…. I can’t remember to turn valves on/off when I’m THERE. I’d stand no chance if I was remote. Lalalalalalalalala. :ROFLMAO:

So if you remotely turn in the pump and open the valves to drain your pool and then you lose your house internet connection? Your two valves are not going to save you.

Too many failure modes for me.
Technically no since its not a server controlled unit so if I lose my internet, it would still function (if I'm home). If I lose power, than the valves will go to NC mode. But if i'm away, yes that could happen.. Hmmm, now what if I add a timer to it so it only runs 5 minutes max?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.