Good basic heater?

Jul 8, 2018
fostoria, ohio
Hello all, newer pool owner from Ohio! My pool is a 15' x 48" Intex above ground (4,400 gallons). I was hoping to get a small heater for the pool! Where my backyard is has a few trees that make it harder to have warmer water. I have a cover that helps a little, but you cannot really swim when the sun goes down because it gets really cold. And it's also pretty limited to swim until later in spring and not far into fall. I know it's a basic pool but I have no idea what type I can get to help raise the temp a little. Again I don't need anything fancy, just a little push to help so I dont break the bank!

You have natural gas or propane at the house? Or are you thinking of an electric heat pump?

Post pics of your pump and filter setup so we have an idea what it will be connecting to.

Try solar, I have two of the 2 ft by 20 ft roll up panels laying in a sunny spot at the edge of my yard and they heat my 24 ft AG very well. The trick I use is running them with 1 inch dia sch 40 pvc tapped into an adjustable diverter manifold on the return side of the pump. The 1" feed and return legs are small enough that I just cut a small slot in the turf and stomp them in a bit so the mower will roll right over them.

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.