Goldline Aquarite - Check Salt & Inspect Cell Solid, Zero Salt - NOT Cell

familytr33

Bronze Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
South East USA
Hi,

I know there are a lot of Aquarite threads like this but I could not find one with the exact same symptoms.

It may be a coincidence but I had a new pump installed a month ago which increased PSI from 12 to 25.

GEAR

This is a Goldline Aquarite board with software r1.33.

Problem is the same with my old Hayward cell and a brand new Chlorinator Pro.

SYNOPSIS OF PROBLEM

Last time I checked a couple weeks ago the salt was at 3400.

Now LEDs show solid (not flashing) Check Salt and Inspect Cell. Salt reading and instant salinity stay at zero (0). There is a slight 'click' when switching to 'instant salinity' but reading stays at zero.

REPRODUCING THE PROBLEM

1. Turn on pump & SWG.

2. No Flow flashes for approx 2 mins.

3. Power & Generating show for approx 2 mins.

4. LEDs change to solid (not slashing) Check Salt and Inspect Cell.

Throughout all this salt reading and instant salinity stay at zero. There is a slight 'click' when switching to 'instant salinity' but reading stays at zero.

TROUBLESHOOTING TRIED & TESTED

Replaced 6-year old cell with a brand new Chlorinator Pro today but have the exact same symptoms.

The thermistor looks OK, and usually a thermistor problem has different symptoms (have successfully performed the thermistor repair twice already on this board).

Disconnected & re-connected all cables to/from board.

Removed display mini-board and re-connected.

Have left board in 'off' position for several days.

REQUEST

Please can someone advise.. is it time to suck it up and buy a new board? If so should I upgrade or look for the same board? Is there anything else in the box I should try replacing before the board?

Again, it may be a coincidence but I had a new pump installed a month ago which increased PSI from 12 to 25. Could that have caused such a problem?

Many thanks,

ft.

Thanks for the response. Here is a pic of the inside of the box and a pic of the board itself.

Yes, there is a yellow 20A fuse. If I turn the system off, remove the fuse and restart the system it is electrically dead... no lights show and the lcd screen is blank.

The diagnostics are:

Default Salt: 0.00
Temp (C): 30
Cell voltage: 31.1
Cell current: 0.00
Output%: 99P
Instant salinity: -0.00
Product name: al-3
r1.33

Many thanks,

ft.

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

Not sure if this will help, but unplug the small display board and reseat it.

Change AL-3 to AL-0.

If those don't work, have the cell tested at a pool store to verify that the cells are OK.

If those all check out then it might be time for a new board.

JamesW might offer some more suggestions as he is the SWG Master!

Not sure if this will help, but unplug the small display board and reseat it.

Change AL-3 to AL-0.

Thanks for reply.

Had tried re-seating the the small display board already with no change.

I don't think I can change the AL-3 to AL-0, I think the product name is part of the firmware.

I did find time to pull the board out and take a look. Attached pic shows what I found on the back.

Brown marks top left are from my previous 2 repairs on the inrush limiter.

The big scorch mark in the middle is new.

I guess I need a new board!!!

Wish I had pulled the board out to check before ordering a new cell... will put that down to cost of education.

Off to look at threads about replacing boards...

Thanks,

ft.

IMG_0353.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.