Goldline AquaPlus water temp always two degrees off

Jul 27, 2018
Venice, FL
Have a Hayward Goldline AquaPlus and the water temp displayed always shows 2 degrees too warm.

I read the manual and cannot find a calibration setting.

Does anyone think replacing the sensor (glx-pc-12-kit) would return me back to accurate?

I know it is only 2 degrees but it has been bugging me for a few years now. LOL

Thanks!

I thought about the sun and where my equipment is at and it is off regardless. So I don't think that it is sun related.

I'm kind of a perfectionist and have everything dialed in, so this just bugs me.

I ordered a replacement and will post my findings next week.

Thanks for the feedback Jim and Jason.

RESOLVED

Just an update that I replaced the glx-pc-12-kit thermometer for the in-line water temp and all is well!!!

The old thermometer was a few degrees off and the new one is correct with my cell temp and floating pool thermometer. All three readings are the same.

This was a very easy replacement. Just power everything down, remove the hayward faceplate, loosen the hose clamp, replace the thermometer, retighten hose clamp, and connect the wires right where the old wires were.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.