Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8. Defective Relay?

CC57

Jul 5, 2010
Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I can NOT turn off the filter pump from the panel. I have to throw the breaker for the pump to stop.
Other options, such as turning the cleaner or water feature on to off and back, function properly.

I pulled the panel cover off. Took some measurements with my VOM. The main board seems to be controlling the voltage going into the relay correctly: filter to On, 24v present. filter to Off, 0 volts. So I'm thinking the relay is defective.

Would y'all agree, defective relay?

And I have a couple of other relays positions that are not in use. I was thinking of swapping relays around, see if that clears the problem. Anyone know if all of the relays on the panel are the same?

Thanks all

JamesW, thank you very much for all the info.
Do you suspect my issue is a bad relay?
So I just watched the video you included, which gives me something else in the relay to check. Thanks

Last edited:
Did a little percussion maintenance on the defective relay. It started working again and did for a few days while I waited on the delivery of the new replacement relay.

Even though the old one seemed to be working fine now, never know when it might start failing again.

So I installed the new one but kept the old one as a just in case next time spare.

Thanks again JamesW

Reactions: JamesW
Thanks again JamesW
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.