Going away for 2 nights maintaining FC

Mintypool

May 28, 2019
NJ
I am so grateful for the advice which has me maintaining my pool on my own all summer. CYA 40. During this hot spell I have Been targeting FC 8 rather than 7 and it usually ends up losing 3-3.5 so the FC is 4.5-5. If I am going away for 2 nights and I bring it up to a SLAM level of 16 before I leave it should only lose about 7 and be around 9 and be ok in theory. Just wondering if I were to go away longer another time, is it ever recommended to raise FC above the SLAM level say to 20 so that you maintain it above the minimum?

For two nights you don't really need to worry about it. If it drops down lower than the target for a night or two, you aren't going to get an algae bloom just from that. If I'm gone 3 or 4 days, I might raise the FC a bit higher than normal, closer to SLAM range. Longer that that, I might raise it, and throw in a few tablets in a floater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.