GlowBuoy pics

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
Here are some close ups for those who have not seen the actual product outside of marketing pics. I can't wait to test it out!

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

Pics!

Ok, I am not jj but I will try to post a couple of GlowBouy pics for you.

I also got mine off of ebay last year. My pool is ~16x30 lazy L. The first pic (if it actually shows up) is with the light anchored in the deep end. The 8ft deep bottom is very visible but the shallow end is a little dark. The second pic is with the GlowBouy anchored in the middle closest to the house, so it is not shining directly into the house. Every corner of the pool is very visible.

I am thrilled with the GlowBouy! :lol:

(Sorry about the board across the shot. It is part of the old pergola that hasn't been torn down yet.) :roll:

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone.

It came with a small suction cup that I stick to the frame of my skimmer. That works pretty well unless people get rowdy. I have also tied it to the hook on the edge of the pool where the safety line for the shallow end should be attached (but isn't). You could also just let it float around, depending on the size of the pool.

Unfortunately, I don't really know how long the battery lasts. I got it last fall as we were closing the pool so it wasn't in long enough each night to run out. I just now got the pool turned from a murky green swamp into a clear pool (another post with pics to come), so I haven't used it this year except for taking the pics. I will let you know as soon as I get an idea.

I leave mine in overnight, (battery runs down during the night). I take it out in the morning, plug it in and it is ready to go in time for the next night.
I would guess it lasts 5 hrs??? Not really sure, but it lasts long enough for what we want.

jjdurrant said:
Sorry for the delay.. I am just waiting for a nice day to take pics!

~LOL~ I am originally from the midwest. Believe me, I do understand about having to wait for nice days. Better weather is definitely one of the advantages to living on the east coast. :-D

Hope your days are bright and sunny soon! :sun:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.