Shreveport, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Well, it's time to pick a plaster. We have a 7' x 5' tanning ledge in our pool off the side. We are thinking about using the glass waterline tile to floor & side the entire tanning ledge. Does anyone here have a glass tile tanning ledge? If so, is it slippery? Did the tiles hold up? We plan on using Edge Lounger chairs in this area to 'hang out' in the pool for drinks. An I overthinking this???

Reactions: CandyGram4Mongo
My buddy has glass tile on the tanning ledge and he hasn't had any issues with it for the last 7 years he's had it. A small number of his glass tile above water have fallen off but none under water. He's got a lot of 1x1 glass tiles so nothing significant or abnormal.

Reactions: CandyGram4Mongo
I don't have a true glass tile, but I do have a shiny tile on my waterline which we have carried over to the step edges and also the edge of the sun shelf. Mine actually IS a bit slick, but the tile width is 2" so although we may step partially on the tile, we are also stepping on the PebbleTec interior pool surface as well which gives us traction. I personally would not have wanted this tile along the entire surface of our sun shelf, it would have been too slippery I think. You are not overthinking this at all! It's great you are planning ahead to reduce headaches later!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.