Glacier Pool cooler

Jan 8, 2017
Houston, tx
I live in Houston and I can’t stand a hot pool. I have been looking into a Glacier pool cooler and was wondering if anyone had reviews. Is it worth it, is it LOUD, is it huge (I need the 30k gallon one), and can I set it up with Pentair automation ? Wife is giving me a tough time with this one

I like the glacier cooler I had one in south georgia and it worked great. NO really loud, about like an additional pump. We are going with a heat pump/cooler combo in our new pool build.

The problem with sprinkler aerator setup is that it will alter your pool PH. Thats been my experience trying this technique.

I wish we would have done a heat pump/cooler. We have the misters and they help a little bit, they bring them temp down a couple degrees. We haven't used them that often. We will put them in and run them overnight for a couple days. They have not affected our PH, but again, we only use them for a day or two at a time when needed. Last summer we didn't really need them as much.

I live in Victoria, Tx and just installed the Glacier Cooler GPC-210 for my 30,000 gallon pool. I wired it up to my EasyTouch 4. So far so good, my water gets down to about 84 and warms up slowly to about 88 during the day. I have been running it from 12 am to 8 am.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.