Glacier Pool Cooler - Does it Need to be Bonded

Treetopp

Feb 28, 2023
Houston
I was just looking at our pool equipment and noticed the only equipment with a bonding wire are the pump and heater. There is also a Salt Water Generator and I can't tell if that has been bonded or not.

My main question is does the Glacier Cooler need to be bonded?

It has electricity running to it - it needs to be bonded to the pool bonding grid.

As for the SWG, usually the cell itself isn't bonded (as it's low voltage), but the SWG control module/power center is.

Also, the manual also does not mention bonding. I called them and the tech that I spoke with said all you have to bond is the metal shroud/fan motor at the top as that was all the metal in it. I asked about the sump pump and he said all the internals that pump water as well as the top and bottom of the pump are polymer and nothing to bond. I pressed the issue and he said that you could bond the aluminum switch box that runs to the pump and that is all that has ever been required...so that is what I did. I had to add bonding lugs to the motor and the switch box. You can see good in the first picture of the chiller that I posted above, post #30.

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.