Glacier Pool Chiller Pump Replacement

Oct 8, 2018
HUMBLE, TX
Has anyone replaced the sump pump in a Glacier pool chiller? Mine is not turning on. I have checked to make sure the float is still working, verified power is good to the current pump, and manually tried to activate the float with no success. So I ordered a new pump (it was only $135), but now I have to figure out what I need to do to get this old one out and put the new one in. Seems like there is really no one in Houston who works on these things.

Sorry no one has responded. Just starting to see these units mentioned on the forum. So not much DIY maintenance data yet.

Sorry for the late reply. While I didn’t replace my pump, I reinstalled it. Mine detached from the water basin housing, as the factory must have been trying save $ on PVC adhesive. I didn’t have to do anything with wiring, but other than that, the pump was completely disconnected. It was easy to put back on.

Reactions: davidl81
Sorry for the late reply. While I didn’t replace my pump, I reinstalled it. Mine detached from the water basin housing, as the factory must have been trying save $ on PVC adhesive. I didn’t have to do anything with wiring, but other than that, the pump was completely disconnected. It was easy to put back on.
The wiring looks fairly simple. Just the power cable to the switch. Really just trying to figure out if I need to totally take apart the unit or if there is a way to replace the pump with out taking off the top half of the chiller.

The wiring looks fairly simple. Just the power cable to the switch. Really just trying to figure out if I need to totally take apart the unit or if there is a way to replace the pump with out taking off the top half of the chiller.
I just took off the screen that helps keep debris out of the basin. I don’t think you’d need to take the housing off.

Reactions: davidl81
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.