Helen203

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2015
Annapolis, MD
Hey all, do you have opinions on Gizzmos in the skimmer baskets instead of draining the pool below the skimmer basket? My husband picked these up at the recommendation of a friend to reduce the pressure on the pool cover. I am a little skeptical. What do you think?

Gizzmos are great. I use them even with draining as my mesh cover lets the pool fill back up.

You also want some cut up pool noodles through the skimmer mouth. That way any water that freezes won't do any harm. At that point I stuff more in with the gizzmo bevause why not. Lol.

20221119_142706.jpg20221119_142700.jpg

Gizzmos are great. I use them even with draining as my mesh cover lets the pool fill back up.

You also want some cut up pool noodles through the skimmer mouth. That way any water that freezes won't do any harm. At that point I stuff more in with the gizzmo bevause why not. Lol.

View attachment 535449View attachment 535450
great idea — thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.