Mabaglio

Jun 30, 2021
Pennsylvania
Hi! Help! My replacement safety cover arrived late and now my pool closing company is done for the year...I have to do it my self ;) One of my skimmer baskets has two holes in the basket. Is it best to put a gizmo in each hole...so, two holes in one skimmer? If only one, which hole gets the gizmo? I've only ever seen my pool closing company use one gizmo in that skimmer, but I don't know which hole they plugged.

Thanks for any help on the matter!

I'd call another company to close for you as I can't imagine this is late by everyone. For the record the second hole is your main drain and you need to know how to handle all the equipment for winter. Closing costs are a small price to pay compared to repair costs next season.

I'd call another company to close for you as I can't imagine this is late by everyone. For the record the second hole is your main drain and you need to know how to handle all the equipment for winter. Closing costs are a small price to pay compared to repair costs next season.
Thanks for the reply. Regardless of whether I can find a company further out willing to do it, I want to start doing it myself. I understand how to handle the returns and all my equipment. How to handle the suction side with two holes in my one skimmer is my only question.

This plug should be used for the hole in the skimmer that goes to the main drain. Lower the water in the skimmer, plug and then with air compressor put air until you see the air bubbles coming out of the main drain. Give it some more then it's done. Make sure you buy the correct size plug so you get a good fit then secure with the wing nut.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.