GFCI Replacement

Vados09

Apr 20, 2020
CA
Hello,

I need some advice on GFCI replacement for pool light. I have no issues with my current one but in the back of my mind I know that its very old outlet ( close to 20 years ).
I test it once every couple months and it seems fine but should I replace it anyways to be on the safe side? If yes, should I do it myself or hire electrician? I have changed many outlets before and can do it myself but at the same time wonder what people do in this situations?

Thank you in advance!

If it works and tests OK, leave it. I once made the mistake of replacing a GFCI outlet just because it was old, and the new replacement was overly sensitive and tripped every time I turned on a nearby fluorescent light.

Reactions: magiteck
I change out GFCI on my own, it is exactly the same as any other outlet, just make sure you get an outdoor rated one as the indoor rated ones die fast :)

Reactions: Vados09
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.