Getting the clear water back...

So I think I have decided to close this week or this weekend....whenever I have a chance. I bought some algaecide over the weekend. I guess best practice is to bring it to shock level, add the algaecide, then close it down?

jblizzle said:
Read the closing articles in Pool School. You raise to SLAM level a few days before closing, let the FC drop some and then add the algaecide and close it up.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I have read the pool school. I just want to make sure I have it all straight. I just realized that I put shock level....that was supposed to say slam. Alright, I'm good to go until next year. Thanks again.

I would guess you still have a little while until the pool temp is consistenly below 60F...it is up to you if you want to close yet, but if you do close above 60F, I would use a polyquat60 algaecide in addition to SLAMing the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.