Getting ready for opening

Joelarredondo

Sep 5, 2019
Allen,TX
Alrighty guys - as the weather is getting warmer here in Texas, I am looking at getting everything balanced for opening soon.

My question is really where to get started. I know I need to add more salt, we had a ton of rain last week. But otherwise which metric should I go after first?

Thanks for all the help! Hope everyone is staying safe out there!

==========================================
Home
------------------------------------------
Build Type: Plaster
Volume: 16668 gallons
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 4.0 (4 days ago)
CC: 0.0 (4 days ago)
pH: 8.0 (4 days ago)
TA: 70 (4 days ago)
CH: 190 (4 days ago)
CYA: 30 (4 days ago)
SALT: 2600 (4 days ago)
TEMPERATURE: 68° (4 days ago)
CSI: -0.12 (4 days ago)
==========================================

Joe, other than getting the salt back up and making sure the SWG is producing what you want, you might want to start bringing that CYA up a bit to help the SWG. The chilly water has been helping with that and compensating for the pH being on the high end. Once your water temp approaches 75-80, that will all change. Then you'll be glad the CYA was a bit higher and want to start watching/adjusting the pH a little. So other than a little salt and stabilizer, relax and enjoy the tail-end of your pool maintenance vacation. It's about to change fairly soon here in TX. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.