Long Island ny
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Opened pool got it crystal clear. Tested water was low on cya added stabilizer. Last few days green spots showing up in different parts of pool. I have attached results of test done today. Any suggestions please help!!!!

Attachments

• 139EFF39-44C3-40D7-99E0-9FE728BE2072.png
    139EFF39-44C3-40D7-99E0-9FE728BE2072.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 20
You need to do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Remember that 70 is minimum CYA for SWG. Follow FC/CYA Levels for SWG. Dont raise your cya until you pass the oclt because you will need to slam if not. Double check your settings on the Poolmath app for a saltwater pool. What is your schedule for the SWG?

So I should test my free chlorine again tomorrow? I have my swg set at 80% right now and need to add 80 pounds of salt which I will be doing tonight.

Since you see algae, I would prepare to perform the SLAM.

You could try a short (and normally ineffective) version of the SLAM by elevating your FC to double the amount the charts call for and holding it there for about 48 hours. Brush ALL the green away and up into the water so the chlorine can kill it.

It might work. If the algae disappears and stays gone for another day or so, perform the OCLT to see if you got it all.

How are you testing FC? The 5.6 should be either whole or half point increments I believe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.