Getting Estimates - Houston/Katy Area

rotto

Jul 17, 2020
TX
Hey All...

We are at the point of getting estimates. Those of you in the Houston/Katy, Texas area; Would you mind sharing who you built with and/or who you got bids from? Maybe even who you definitely would not use?

Hopefully, these questions are okay for the forum. If not, PM/DM responses are totally welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the TFP forum. It is great that you are accessing the forum before you start as there are many points the forum can help guide once you get a quote and post what your pool design will be.
I will send you a PM on my pool builder.

I recently built a pool in Katy that was completed back in April. As you already know, the pool business is booming. What I’ve learned from my experience in this part of town is to have patience. Because of the high demand for pools, expect delays. Any builder that tells you they can complete a build in two months or under is lying. Also if you do sign a contract be sure to find out how soon after the dug will they shoot gunite/shotcrete. Last thing you want is a dirt hole in your yard during Hurricane/rainy season. Also include overflow drainage and proper drainage to the curb in your build. Last thing you want is your pool overflowing because of the heavy rain that we have here. Also because of all the demand, make sure the contract is fair. Don’t have $5k left for the builder but he has $30k left of work to do. If they get the majority of their money up front then there’s no incentive to come back. I’m not saying not to pay the builder but ensure that the draw schedules are fair for both you and them.

Hey All...

We are at the point of getting estimates. Those of you in the Houston/Katy, Texas area; Would you mind sharing who you built with and/or who you got bids from? Maybe even who you definitely would not use?

Hopefully, these questions are okay for the forum. If not, PM/DM responses are totally welcomed!

Thanks in advance!
We are using a company that had the best deal and a great warranty. I spoke with over 10 different pb’s.
Jarvis loves Anthony & Sylvan Pools!

@rotto Please update us when you get your bid and a graphic of your design. That helps us visually see what your are considering.
Good Luck with your discussions with various PB’s.

I recently built a pool in Katy that was completed back in April. As you already know, the pool business is booming. What I’ve learned from my experience in this part of town is to have patience. Because of the high demand for pools, expect delays. Any builder that tells you they can complete a build in two months or under is lying. Also if you do sign a contract be sure to find out how soon after the dug will they shoot gunite/shotcrete. Last thing you want is a dirt hole in your yard during Hurricane/rainy season. Also include overflow drainage and proper drainage to the curb in your build. Last thing you want is your pool overflowing because of the heavy rain that we have here. Also because of all the demand, make sure the contract is fair. Don’t have $5k left for the builder but he has $30k left of work to do. If they get the majority of their money up front then there’s no incentive to come back. I’m not saying not to pay the builder but ensure that the draw schedules are fair for both you and them.
It's no different to the northeast of you in Spring... I have friends who just moved into a new home and haven't even had a builder show up to start the bidding process. Every one they've contacted has said the same thing- "There's really no point in us coming to bid you right now. We are booked solid through the rest of the year and even into 2022." And I'm guessing the prices right now would reflect this reality if they DID get someone to come give a quotation. Pretty sure they're going to sit tight and wait this out. Must be nice to be retired and have all the time in the world. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.