Generator not reading salt correctly

mernova

Feb 27, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hello all,
I currently have an Aquarite Swim Pure SWG with a hayward Swin Pure + t-15 cell. When i take salt readings via Taylor drop test kit i get readings of 4100, but at my control panel it is reading 2600 and flashing to check salt & cell. I have cleaned the cell, calibrated multiple times and taken it to the local store Leslies and had them test it, where they say it is generating and working properly.
The system is roughly three and a half years old.

Here is what all the readings are while pushing the diag button:
65P
AL0
r1.59
T-15

Has the cell failed?
Has a board failed?

If the cell has failed should i replace with a Hayward which is $$$$ vs an off brand for less?

If possible board issue how do i test?

Thanks for all your help.

Probably a bad cell.

Check the readings and then turn the switch to off for a few minutes and then back on and recheck the readings.

What are the first 4 characters of the serial number?

Probably a bad cell.

Check the readings and then turn the switch to off for a few minutes and then back on and recheck the readings.

What are the first 4 characters of the serial number?

Thanks James..

S/N: 3E14345-202241

I did calibrate it again after i posted the above and had 4100 salt reading, but it has been dropping since then.

After shutting off for a couple of min:

65P

If it is the cell are other brands as reliable as the Hayward? The pool is in use 365 days.

Thank you again

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a variable speed pump?

If so check the readings with the pump on high speed

Brian, I do not have a variable speed pump. But do have a booster pump for my solar system.

3.5 years running year round here in Florida is about right. Your cell is probably failing. Is it any surprise that Hayward has a 3 year warranty on these?

My firmware will not work with some of the generic cells that are available so I am stuck buying Hayward T-15 cells every 3 years or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.