General Termite question

Pest company inspected and said no need to treat the house for termites at this time .... We also had an ant issue
Ants are known to feed on termites so be aware of that interaction. Ants inside the house cannot be ignored so use boric acid mixed into maple syrup or into nut powder, depending upon ant species as an attractant and slow acting bait. This is a good guide.

Reactions: Decoy205
Good to hear that they took a customer friendly approach rather than try to make a big sell. You can find termites almost anywhere you look, they are actually beneficial to the environment just like cockroaches are. So if you find a stump far away from the house that’s full of rot and termites, leave it alone. They’re not after your house. Now if you have evidence of tracks on the foundation or issues inside the house, like your ants, that’s a different story. But no need to go making trouble for yourself where none is needed.
Yes. They are a local Company in business for 50 years with good reviews. I liked their approach and the fact that they didn’t try and sell me what I didn’t need! Appreciate everyone’s input and advice.

So if you find a stump far away from the house that’s full of rot and termites, leave it alone. They’re not after your house.
🙋‍♂️

I learned the hard way that if you evict the colony, they go their seperate ways. I swear the first couple rotten oaks I dropped cost me 40 more. Time and time again I'd drop a tree with some issues and for 2 mins the whole area and felled tree would be a blanket of ants (etc). Then, at 2 mins and 1 sencond, poof.

They certainly didn't have a pre-planned rendezvous location.

I realize this thread is a little old but if your home hasn’t been treated with termidor (Taurus sc - generic termidor) via trenching or rodding in the last 10 years get it done. Then you don’t have that worry for the next ten years. Waiting until you see activity is a bad plan.
Both termidor & Taurus are available on domyown.com except in select states - NJ isn’t restricted.
For a couple hundred bucks & some of your time you can get it done.
Our house already had the holes drilled in the foundation previously so we did that again instead of trenching. We thought our home had been treated right before we bought it but when I pulling the paperwork out I realized there was only an inspection done. The treatment had been done approximately 16 yrs ago not 9 like I assumed. Now I also use the spectracide stakes as they are both bait & poison- not just bait.
I replaced the 1st set after 6 months & will do it yearly from here on out.
Here’s my thread about termite fun if you’re needing motivation 😁

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.