General questions about AGP

Beth222

May 30, 2017
Stillwater, ok.
The pool looks great all testing numbers are on target.
how many hours should the pump run.? Best time of day to run pump?
my brother has a salt water pool and has become envious of my sparkeling water and easy maintenance.
he is thinking of converting his to bleach.
What is involved in doing this?
I told home he would need to do his own water tests and be willing to purchase theTF 100 kit and he would NEVER have to set foot into a pool place again to buy chemicals.
would he need to drain the pool. He has an inground pool".
Thank you for all the advice

Pump run time is up to you. You should atleast run it long enough to turn all the water in the pool over once. A lot of people run it more though to skim the surface. And time of day is again, up to you. I run mine at night to take advantage of the cheaper electricity, then just manually turn it on when we get in the pool.

Converting to bleach just requires him to stop using the SWCG and use bleach but why? He should work on getting his levels right and use the SWCG to maintain.

And as always, testing is going to be the key to understanding what is going on in his pool. If he is not testing properly, the troubles he may be having would stem from that.

You should run your pump enough to keep the water clear and circulate chemical additions. I'd say 4 hours minimum daily this time of year and probably more in OK. Run times can be split up if using a timer. We have no recommendations regarding turning the pool over once or 10 times a day.

All brother has to do is quit adding salt.........retire his SWG............and jump right into bleach using our levels per the Chlorine/CYA chart. No reason why he can't have just a sparkly pool as yours and still use it though. I hear there's a few of those in use around here with excellent results!

You did him a big favor by recommending the test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.