General electrical hook up help

Poolecw

Apr 5, 2019
NW Ga
Our pool builder is an old school guy and also doesn't do electrical hook ups. This is fine though because my dad is a licensed electrician. He is currently reading my equipment manuals but is having difficulty. WE are trying to determine how to ensure the SWG doesn't turn on when the VS pump isn't running. In addition, we will be installing a booster pump which will need to be wired so that it doesn't run with the VS pump running.

Here is the equipment list. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Jandy VS FloPro 1.65HP with JEP-R controller
Jandy TruClear clorinator
Polaris PB4-60 booster pump

The FloPro pump has a set of normally open contacts that can be used to control external devices. I would control an icecube relay with the VS pump contacts, and use a set of normally open contacts on it to control the SWCG so that it can only run when the pump is running and inversely use a set of normally closed contacts to prevent the booster from running when the VS pump is running.

Reactions: Poolecw
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.