G'day from Australia!

Tjie77

Oct 23, 2019
Grafton, NSW, Australia
Gday all

New to the forum but long time sporadic reader.
I have a small 3metre round Bestway Hydrium pool with an upgraded GAME SandPRO 75D pump and sand filter.
Loving it so far, but joined so I can really hone my testing and maintenance skills. Last summer there were a lot of complaints of stinging eyes (chloramines I know now - not too much chlorine!) so I have bought a Clear Choice Labs test kit and I hope to really nail it this year.

My pool holds approx. 8500 litres. Because of the relatively small volume, are they finicky to maintain?

Anyway, see you guys around!

cheers
Tim

hiya from Canberra, welcome.
once you get some numbers from the CCL test kit, a trip to bunnings to get 15l pool chlorine.. the returnable 15l drums are great value is on the books.
wont take too long to get a feel for what your small volume of water is doing with regards to chlorine consumption
cheers
phil

Hi Phil

I have some liquid chlorine from bunnings which is sodium hypochlorite (12.5% chlorine), and I also have 10kgs of the dry stuff which is calcium hypochlorite (65% chlorine). Apparently, just like CYA and pool tablets, the calcium can build up if using cal-hypo all the time. I didn't know that until I started reading all the info here. It has been so informative!
Because of using pool tablets, my CYA was at around 100ppm so I emptied 2/3 of my pool last night and topped back up with fresh water. So I'm pretty much starting from scratch!
I'm looking forward to a summer of crystal clear, non-eye-stinging water :LOL: (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: AusPhil

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support