Gas line for new Pentaire Mastertemp 125

Aug 27, 2017
Westlake, Ohio
Hello everyone,

First post here. We will be getting new above ground pool in the next couple weeks. Question is on the gas line size and what size I can get away with. Just looking for opinions. I called the gas company and they confirmed the meter I have will support my new pool heater. Here is my gas line setup. Gas meter is mounted on the outside of the house with an approx 2' line that is 1" going inside to the basement. Once inside the pipe up converts to a 1 1/2" for about 20 feet to my furnace area. From there I have a T fitting that sends a 1/2" line to my water heater. The main 1 1/2" line continues another 3 feet to the furnace where there is another T that sends a 3/4" line 2 feet to the furnace, and a 3/4" line out the back of the house that is 30 feet. This line is currently not in use as it was used for a furnace that heated a addition on the back of the house that we didn't need anymore. I would like to recommission this line to use for the pool heater. I would need to extend this line another 25' to reach the heater however. So, I'm wondering if I can get away with this setup and this sized heater. So from where the line downsizes from 1 1/2" to 3/4" it would be about a 50-55'. Total run from the meter (20' of 1 1/2" and 55' of 3/4") is about 75' total. What is everyone's thoughts if I would be ok with this, or do I have to re-plumb the entire 3/4" run to 1"?
FYI I will be having a licensed plumber friend helping me with this.

Edit:

I think the gas pressure in my home is going to be standard 7" water column as I don't see and external pressure regulators outside my furnace or hot water tank. My gas meter does say 4 lbs max working pressure.

Thank you for the feedback.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.