Frustration with Pool Light

Pxstan

Sep 8, 2021
Phoenix
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the lengthy post. We decided to have our plaster diving pool remodeled back in March of 2021. The remodel was just to freshen up the pool. We ended up doing pebble instead of plaster and added new tile, new skimmer basket, a dedicated suction line for the vacuum and then decided to replace our old pool light that gave out a few years back. We had nothing but problems with our pool company, but that's for another thread.

Our pool was finished mid May except for the pool light. After installing the pebble they mounted the light and began filling up the pool with water. I noticed a few days later that the pool light was not flush with the wall (it stuck out maybe 1.5" or enough to fit your fingers behind it). I called the pool company and they came back out tried to remount using the adapter (similar to the CMP adapter I see online) which leaves the gap. We've been calling every few days and are no closer to having our light mounted. I began to do my own research for a solution...when the pool was remodeled they didn't replace our light niche which they believe is an "Anthony" brand. Anthony hasn't been in business for years and the newer lights don't appear to fit that niche. This is causing the issues we have now. They threw out our old light when they chipped the plaster out so I can't go back to what we had before.

I found a youtube video online that shows an "Aladdin pool light ring adapter" which is model 500c. They install it into an "Anthony" niche that looks identical to ours in the video. The newer style lights can then mount to this adapter. I'm not sure if the adapter is compatible with all lights or only certain brands. Our new pool light is a Pentair Intellibrite 5g model # 601301. I hoping to confirm this adapter will fit our niche and then that our light will fit the adapter or if I need to go with a different light to make it work.

Here is the Youtube video showing the adapter:

1631134613442.png

Thanks in advance for any sugesstions.

Attachments

• 20210903_182719.jpg
    20210903_182719.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210903_182655.jpg
    20210903_182655.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thanks for tagging him. I called the Aladdin company and spoke with them. They said the adapter is made to fit a niche opening from 9 3/4" to 12". They couldn't confirm if my light would work with the adapter though. She said they make the adapters to fit the niches, but don't necessarily know all the lights that will fit it. She did see notes that said a Pentair Amerlite should fit. I wonder if that means the Pentair Intellibrite would also work then? I'm about ready to just order the adapter just to give it a shot and see what happens.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Those adapters have a wide range when going on the niche. The specs you posted sound about right with 2+" of range. I deal with Hayward but if memory serves the intellibrite and the standard amerilite will fit in the same niche. Take a min and jump on inyopools site I believe they have diagrams showing sizes on their lights. You could compare that way, or check them on their site they should have the specs, worst case download the pdf specs, its definitely in that

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.