Frustrated! Green water won't budge

I’ll work on that next thank you.
Avri
Feel sorry for you that you haven't followed the TFP recommendations as you would have been most likely swimming by now. The test kit and methodology is absolutely #1 and without it all is wasteful. Still not late to start and get with the program but unfortunately your water got worse in the interim. Get some liquid chlorine and get 5ppm daily into the water till the kit arrives to help it from getting worse.
I thought I was following it. It can be a lot of information and a learning curve, as well as a lot of acronyms for a new person. But I will keep trying. And today realized the importance of the testing kit, mdragger88 thanks, and am not giving up yet. Thanks for your time everyone.

I’m ordering liquid chlorine today as well. For curiosity’s sake, why does liquid chlorine produce better results? Again, thank you.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I thought I was following it. It can be a lot of information and a learning curve, as well as a lot of acronyms for a new person. But I will keep trying. And today realized the importance of the testing kit, mdragger88 thanks, and am not giving up yet. Thanks for your time everyone.

I’m ordering liquid chlorine today as well. For curiosity’s sake, why does liquid chlorine produce better results? Again, thank you.
Because it only adds what u need quickly (free chlorine) & nothing that you don’t (like calcium, or cya, or lowering ph)

Okay!!! We are getting somewhere. Out of the green, still cloudy. Do I continue to slam process til it’s cleared up? Do I add clarifier?

Attachments

• B2086F5D-5CD6-4AE1-8527-3FBF84C3D225.jpeg
    B2086F5D-5CD6-4AE1-8527-3FBF84C3D225.jpeg
    888.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 67D01871-2E66-4E43-B287-67AE55476867.jpeg
    67D01871-2E66-4E43-B287-67AE55476867.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: kul
You continue until u pass ALL 3 end of slam criteria as mentioned in the article
@IceShadow linked.
Clarifier will only complicate matters - it does nothing for algea (which is why u have cloudy water)
Not sure what kind of filter u have as your signature is not complete but clean it/backwash it when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure.
Brush & or vac daily,
Scrub any nooks and crannies where algae might hide like : light niches, ladders, drain covers, skimmer throats/weirs etc.
Also run all water features at least 1hr/day.
Did u get a test kit? If so post your results.

Last edited:
I have found that if u keep up the slam for 3-4 days with your pump on recirc, then vacuum to waste before switching to filtering produces the quickest results with the least amount of filter backwashing. YMMV.

stick with it! The change in clarity that you show above is a good sign. I know all of this seems super overwhelming. We are here to support you and cheer you on. Don’t quit. I know you can do it!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.