Frozen Pool at the coping

nafreire

Jul 15, 2021
toronto,ontario, canada
We just had warm weather here in Ontario, Canada followed by rain. I decided to look at the water level and the pool is frozen to the cooping. It's raining again, and tonight we are going back to a deep freeze. Do I need to do anything? This is my first year with a pool, and I'm worried that with the added rain when it freezes, the cooping will get lifted. It's a liner pool, not sure if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• IMG-5459.jpg
    IMG-5459.jpg
    894.4 KB · Views: 32
+1 on this. Also my first winter with a pool, also in Ontario, and the weather has been wild. Lots of snow, freezing weather, followed by a warm spell and rain, soon to be followed with another 10CM of snow tonight and more freezing weather overnight. Been diligent about removing as much snow from the mesh cover after it falls, but I can't keep up with the weather. Under the safety cover it's a layer cake of water and ice, nearly up to to skimmer and I'm afraid to touch it.

Any advice from the group would be appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.