Frozen in MA :)

merentha

May 13, 2020
Boston, MA
Hi! I'm a new member but I've been reading TFP for a while - last year you guys helped me keep our pool mostly blue in spite of a summer full of renovations and constant sawdust. We hire a pool person to help us with major stuff and to do our open/close, but we self-maintain the rest of the year. So thanks!

This year we've had a beach vacation cancelled thanks to COVID, and we're looking for ways to keep our pool warm enough to swim in on the regular. I love to swim but hate to be cold, so I'm looking to keep the pool at Turks & Caicos swim temps - kind of a challenge here in the Northeastern US. ;) Our current heating method is a propane heater nearing the end of its lifespan, and our pool guy has recommended an electric heat pump + solar blanket on reel. I'm in research mode on this now, and will probably have some questions once I figure out what they should be!

Our pool is in-ground, 18 x 36 rectangle with cutout for steps, 9' at deep end, vinyl, chlorine, and our pumps are Jandys I think. Pic attached! We're also getting a new liner installed this year before opening and some repairs to a collapsed step - due to issues inherited from the previous homeowner. I can't wait to get everything in order so I can jump in!

Attachments

• F5EF8112-FA9B-4109-9EB4-F23B30AD6E1B.jpg
    F5EF8112-FA9B-4109-9EB4-F23B30AD6E1B.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 8