Frozen Auto Chlorinator

Wbaxter02

Jul 21, 2020
Dallas, TX
So I have been running my pump 24hrs for past 3days. This evening I forgot my auto chlorinator was not on since I don't use it. Popped the top and it was frozen. Tried to break through it but no bueno. Any who i got some of the water sitting on top but noticed it's ever so slightly increasing. In line chlorinator. Anything I can do at this point? Oh yeah and temp is dropping too teens tonight.

I don't have one but its hollow right ? Just a big tube kinda thing ? Take a hair dyer to the outside of it (move around and feel occasionally to ensure you don't melt it). If you melt just the outermost edge of the ice, (on the inside of the chlorinator, but melted from the outside) the whole frozen plug should come out.

I don't have one but its hollow right ? Just a big tube kinda thing ? Take a hair dyer to the outside of it (move around and feel occasionally to ensure you don't melt it). If you melt just the outermost edge of the ice, (on the inside of the chlorinator, but melted from the outside) the whole frozen plug should come out.
Yes, hollow. I got all the ice out except feed line. But if thats frozen I think its ok since I'm not adding water to chlorinator anyways and the valve is completely closed. Will check main tube portion tomorrow and see if any water added. If so, will try and unfreeze feed line and remove ice from tube again. I think im good though. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: Newdude
Sorry I’m just seeing this now and it may be too late to attempt but I poured warm water in mine and it eventually flushed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.