Jul 14, 2016
roswell, ga
OK, new pool owner here...

To you experienced owners, how do you control frogs?

Ive rescued a few frogs from the skimmers and retrieved one with a net so i knew they were present. What I didnt know was just how prevalent they are!

We went on a night swim last night and it was NOT fun for my wife and son b/c the frogs were present. I assumed that they would stay away if we were in the pool - nope. They were swimming along with us! We retreated to the hot tub but we had one in there too (had to be an accident - what frog swim in 102d water?)

So what do I do? How does one keep frogs from the pool?

When you figure out how to keep them out, let me know. I do, however, have 99% fewer frogs to remove than before (alive or otherwise) when I remember to put this thing out:

DYQHYfO.jpg

It gives them an escape ramp and is well worth the price. It is called a Frog Log for your googling/Amazon searching.

Yeah, frogs and toads are part of the deal. Every now and then one jumps on my head or close enough to make me almost spill my drink. THEN we are starting to have a problem!

I'll throw this in since it's a frog thread
dbtgallery.php

Yellow/amber light to not attract bugs, but it won't get rid of frogs either. We have a ton of crickets and frogs like to eat them, so if you also have a lot, maybe reduce the cricket population and the frogs will move out?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, frogs and toads are part of the deal. Every now and then one jumps on my head or close enough to make me almost spill my drink. THEN we are starting to have a problem!

I'll throw this in since it's a frog thread
dbtgallery.php
Loving the Cyber Q :). What kind of smoker? Sry, didn't me to hyjack the thread...

I turned it into an activity for our daughter, she wanted some type of small pet and the frogs keep showing up, after the first 4-5 were removed from the pool we haven't seen another one. It seems the same few kept coming back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.