May 29, 2019
CA, Bay Area
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,
I have an inground gunite pool, that is unfortuantely right next to the woods with overhanging beautiful scrubs and such. I neglected it for several weeks, but for the last 2 weeks its been adequately chlorinated etc. CYA 48, with FC 2 to 7. The water is crystal clear. What I don´t get is there is a 5cm frog that I find occationally in the pool, he can climb out as needed. And a baby, that I frequently find in the skimmer in the morning, I dump in in the grass or woods.

How is this possible?? Wouldn't the chlorine damage the frogs????

Thanks

Wouldn't the chlorine damage the frogs????
Swimming for all folks, animals and robots is safe up to and including SLAM levels per the FC/CYA Levels

Frogs are so common that they make Frog Logs to help them out of the pool, but other critters may find it helpful too.

Many of us have had visitors. This was Fred D05116DB-BCF3-4F96-856D-BA884EFA05B0.jpeg

Reactions: Snoobug
The frogs I don't mind too much. Found a snake this past spring, which was less cool. The family of ducks, though kind of cute, was the worst, though. So. Much. Duck. Poop. o_O

• Sad
Swimming for all folks, animals and robots is safe up to and including SLAM levels per the FC/CYA Levels

Frogs are so common that they make Frog Logs to help them out of the pool, but other critters may find it helpful too.

Many of us have had visitors. This was Fred View attachment 357062
Frogs are the worst. Toads just float at the surface. Frogs swim. They dive down and try to avoid the helping net. I had one of these tree frogs in the pool and had to really chase him around to get him out.

1626921861911.png

They dive down and try to avoid the helping net.
OMG preach !!!! :ROFLMAO:

Fred had several friends. He was only allowed to stay after I gave up chasing his friends with the net. I swear they would bounce off the net underwater like a trampoline just to mock me.

• Haha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had a rabbit swim the length of our pool trying to get away from our pup (who wasn’t going to get near water)...and when we lived in TX, we watched an armadillo jump in and swim to the other side before deciding to jump out. I wouldn’t have guessed either could swim. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Frog logs work, mine was crocked the other day and when i moved it a frog jumped off into the water. Little sucker was going down 8’ like it was nothing. Finally got him on a net and told him to go play somewhere else. He looked at me with his big eyes but was thinking. “ common on dude we eat bugs, let us swim”

This was Alex, last year's resident bullfrog, who used to ride the weir door and enjoy the all you can eat buffet. Alex found our pool in June and stayed until closing in late September. I relocated him to the woods many times, but he would always be back the next day. Finally gave up and came to an agreement that the pool was for our use during the day and he could hang out at night in it. By 10pm he was in the pool and by 10am, he was usually out.

Attachments

• 20200831_184752.jpg
    20200831_184752.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200807_065102.jpg
    20200807_065102.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200825_210528.jpg
    20200825_210528.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Love
Reactions: Snoobug and PieterS
I didn't think it would... but it actually kinda makes my morning good to see those fat little things enjoying life in my pool. They kick those back legs like there isn't no worries in life. Kinda re-centers me for the work day. I usually have 2 in the pool. I'll throw them out, then they hide rest of day and get back in after past our bed time. When you come out of the pool with them on the end of the net, they are really good about diving off and finding the pool and not the concrete deck. Lol

Reactions: Newdude
TFP: The occasional frog won't hurt anything
Florida : Hold my beer
I have a friend with a vacation home near panama city and looked on her security cameras and saw a group out sitting by her pool and swimming. She was nice and told them leave now or she was calling the police..
People are just nuts.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.